View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 01:02   Link #383
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Since we were spamming up another thread with off topic chatter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You have to balance between armor and mobility.

Unless of course you develop energy shields.
That doesn't help you if the energy shields require a 80 pound generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Machines guns tend to be less accurate at full auto due to the recoil and need to control it. This is partly why they made three round burst. The other reason being to prevent tunnel visioned soldiers from running out of ammon while holding down the trigger (happened a lot in Vietnam with the early M-16s).

But in single shot....accurate as any other rifle. And with training the bursts can be just about as accurate...or at least accurate enough. (as a novice teen I had access to a machine pistol (HK something or other) at a target range in Arizona. Single shot with 9mm works fine. Three round burst, I think I hit a few. At full auto (I had I think seven rounds left) I hit the paper twice (neither in the black, so if it was human I would have missed...though he would have felt the rounds go by).
Assuming you're using an unsupported rifle. Machine guns set up in tripods/bipods deal with auto fire better (but bursts still need to be controlled). Humans just aren't built to handle full auto recoil with only our arms.

But as you said. Full auto IS less accurate. And a .50 cal machine gun is perfectly capable of sniping dudes from a thousand yards out if you get good optics on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If I'm not mistaking the best armored suit I ever seen in a anime is inJinroh the Wolf Brigade... not only the squad has have body armor but their heads and faces are covered in armor... plus each carrying a machine gun...Damn!
Isn't that power armor? Cause I can't imagine normal soldiers would be able to fight with that kind of heavy gear.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote