View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 22:46   Link #893
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The fact that any adult in the US can just buy a gun and ammunition is absolutely ridiculous. There is not a single reason why this should be allowed when faced with the reality that any mentally fractured person can take the life of another person. The possession of firearms should always, in all cases, require the aquirement of a written, legal permission that also stands as a testament to an individual's ethic maturity. The fact that there are people who do not share this view point scares me, to be honest.
You do realize that people all over the world are beaten to death, stabbed til they die, and killed in all sorts of horrific ways without the presence of a gun?

Not every adult in the US can buy a gun. There are all kinds of restrictions (felons, age, domestic abuse, brakes on the purchase transaction, etc.). Are they working? Well, they're not implemented very well or they're underfunded.

Who is writing these "permissions"? On what basis do we trust the permission granters? How have we vetted them? How is that different than vetting the purchaser?

Women often resort to guns when the men in their life are violent jackasses. Its an equalizer. Will the permission granter giver her a nod? What if he's the abuser? Just following ramifications.

Fear is usually mitigated by knowledge. I'm quite aware the status quo is busted and we need solutions. I just want the solutions to actually work and not just make people with no clue feel better or make the problem worse.