View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 12:17   Link #3223
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I think California already is bucking for that "first" in this country.
They're broke, while Texas is not.
Texas seems to be doing quite well for itself.
I highly doubt it would become a 3rd world country.
Of course, I also view all this secession talk as saber-rattling to explain to Obama that he DOES NOT have a mandate (as if any President does), and he needs to behave himself.
Yes, I learned so much from reading those two articles......

When comparing, it makes more sense to present data for both sides, won't you agree?

Here is a better collection of data (without too much opinion) that can give you a complete picture of what's taking place. You might need a pen and a piece of paper two jot down the numbers for those two states cause the data analyzes all 50 states. California is doing pretty well and would actually fare much better than Texas if it becomes its own country. Texas' honeymoon may last five years at most before people starts their mass exodus????

Also, a copy/paste from your previous article posted about seceding... I underlined the important part
States whose active petitions have not yet reached the 25,000 signature threshold include

Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Texas will get over it.