View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 22:59   Link #83
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think he's just out for revenge against Yakomaru. If there is a betrayal toward the humans, it would only be because the weapon allows him to defeat both sides at once. He'd gain power as the "fiend slayer", Yakomaru's defeat would break their morale, and he'd have something even better than a fiend in the form of a chemical weapon that is highly destructive to all humans. It wouldn't matter if Yakomaru escaped and used fiends again, the weapon would take care of them.

But then again I'm still not sure he's even a Queerat. He looks nothing like the rest of his species. And really, the only time he smiled was when the humans expressed the same desire for vengeance that he did. I'm not sure he's trustworthy, but I heavily doubt that he is allied with Yakomaru. Worst case scenario, it's an "enemy of my enemy" alliance he has made with the humans.

The one thing that makes me have doubt of his betrayal is that he seems very honor bound. Warriors code and all that. Yakomaru took everything from him in a manner that was cheap and dirty, the same tactics that were used against the humans. I don't think it was coincidence that Yakomaru used the fiend on Kiroumaru first, and I don't think it's coincidence that Kiroumaru saved a human, knowing he risked capture. He likely knew that even if the humans couldn't attack the fiend, they could could at least keep him safe from Yakomaru's forces hunting him down, which would bide him time to find a way out of his predicament.

The question left is that now that we're down to the clash of two war strategists again, what role will Saki play in the survival of the few humans remaining.

And if I'm not mistaken, did I hear Shun's voice at the end of the preview?