View Single Post
Old 2012-12-30, 18:25   Link #1137
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wow...you have one heavy case of denial (or actual blindness) if you keep missing how the author is heavily pushing Chitoge into the spotlight in most of the manga, especially the major events. The author himself setting everything up so that Chitoge gets the most exposure and development in most events she's involved in. Even in some events where she plays a minor role, she gets frames all for herself and sticks around longer. Take Raku's first date with Mari, this was a Mari centered event and while the other girls stalked them, ultimately it was Chitoge that stuck around till the end of the event while the other girls were left behind through comic gags. A recent event was during Mari's studying session where Raku went with Chitoge...the author could have easily added Onodera and others if he wanted as well.
Then there's moments where Chitoge quickly replaces Onodera once she inches toward the spotlight, like during the play where Onodera just happened to get hurt and Mari just magically happened to be sick on that particular day so Chitoge had to replace her or during the test of courage where Raku left the chance to go with Onodera so he could find and bring Chitoge back.

Of course Raku still has a crush on Onodera, that much is evident...but what is also very evident is that Raku is steadily falling for Chitoge without even realizing it, and it's pretty far gone as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way a Chitoge supporter, I actually cheer for the girl with the least chance of winning in the end (Mari) and have always found Chitoge's character less appealing than any of the other girls (my general disdain for Tsundere types doesn't help). But it is clear who the author pushes for in terms of a final girl (hell, even the one-shot has her winning clearly), which in turn is something that greatly annoys me in this manga. I loved the previous Tsugumi event where Chitoge barely even appeared, but these moments are few and far between.
Whats funny is that I agree that their pushing chitoge but onodera is the one who right now raku appears to like
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote