View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 09:27   Link #229
ras80

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichus View Post
Yes, I just noticed it now... But, my thought was to parse through all the group names on AniDB to get all the abbreviations -- maybe spend about a week on it because you don't want to hammer the site. Then after the anime is entered, you can obtain the group's names by displaying all the group names there directly from anidb site. And link to "Show All" to get all the groups subbing for that project. Alternatively, have user to select which groups to go... And then link it to anidb page if the user doesn't know what the group is.

The only problem with getting groups per episode will require you to login to do so on anidb... But, you don't really want to do that, so it will be impossible...
Well if we could that that would be so cool. : D Actually that was our first thought while designing the site. But (as exp pm'ed me) there is no feasible way to do that right now. (Impossible with UDP API, and no HTTP/XML Request code was written / implemented) We are parsing anime name dump, and group data to be update with anidb.(Yes we are using their ids). But the file data you suggested, It can not be done without parsing whole anidb. And website parsing is not something wanted. Btw we are not working online, all the data is (auto complete boxes) are cached on local.
ras80 is offline   Reply With Quote