View Single Post
Old 2008-08-01, 21:57   Link #1895
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
@Yosei:
I find the scenes where the warriors interact with each other a lot more telling than the battle scenes. Maybe because you've been writing about fighting since Darkness Falls.

In the scene where Galatea 'abandons' Clare & Raphaela to bring Cynthia back, I keep thinking of Cynthia's devastated state & the complicated bonds that seem to hold your 2 main characters (Galatea & Cynthia) to the rest of the warriors. Partly also since the 7 ghosts have been traditionally seen to move on either Clare or Miria's whims, the fact that an ally of theirs is turning away, with one of ghosts, is something different.

Ever since she & Dimuzi started to get along together, I've noted that I've seen less of the calculated, intense leader & more of purposeful fighter (in short, your Miria appears to have taken over Clare's character). But, forgive me for speculating very wildly, I feel that Miria has some ulterior motive for both Dimuzi & his plans in general.

Must take my hat off to your consistency. I've been a bit slack lately. So many ideas but can never get down to writing them.

@Hell:
Well, Ermita is gone now. So one less MiB. I suppose that's a good thing

This chapter's got a nice humourous bent: Galatea over-concerned about her hair & Flora's "revival". But I think Dracul's conversation with Irene is classic. I've never seen an Irene outside of the traditional stoic (sometimes self-absorbed) daze or Teresa-awe. So Dracul's so-called flirting & Irene's turning him down was - great

After reading both your chapters, then reading some new stuff on FF.net, I feel that a lot of fanfics leave me with more assumptions than fresh material. There are traditional ideas of characters which never get challenged.

@ Ashbringer:
Welcome...welcome. New material is always appreciated here