View Single Post
Old 2008-11-05, 04:22   Link #18
marvelB

Okay, thanks to aohige, we have a full summary:

-Hancock agrees to undo the curse she placed on Margaret and co. The three sisters are shocked by Luffy's gratitude.

-Afterwards, Hancock shows Luffy her back and he says it looks similar to Hachi's tattoo. Elder Nyon appears and tells Hancock to explain the story behind the mark, since she knew that Luffy assaulted a World Noble (I guess she found out from that newspaper)....

-Hancock says she and her sisters were captured and sold to the World Nobles when she was 12 years old (she also notes that they men who enslaved her were the first ones she's ever seen). Four years after becoming a slave, a merman named Fisher Tiger (who became the original captain of the merman pirates) climbs up the Red Line with his bare hands and liberated ALL the slaves, despite his hatred of humans. Naturally, the government wasn't very happy about this. Afterwards, he formed the Sun Pirates with the slaves he rescued. He's passed away since then, and the merman pirates split into seperate groups......

-Hancock then asks Luffy if he hates her, but he says that it's the World Nobles that he hates. She then cheers up and tells him that she'll lend him a ship.....

Man, Fisher Tiger is freaking awesome. I think we'll learn more about him in the upcoming Merman Island storyline (hell, we better). It's also great to finally learn about the Sun Pirates. Of course, this now makes Arlong's hatred towards humans fully understandable, though I still wouldn't say that it justifies him terrorizing innocent people like he did in East Blue....

Still, it's kinda wierd when you also consider that Macro's crew, who also had the same mark, was cooperating with Duval in capturing slaves. I mean, I'd find that to be pretty low.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
It's literally IMPOSSIBLE for her to join Luffy. Temporary ally as marvel said is the only logical alternative for her.

Precisely. I mean, it doesn't really make sense for a person who already has her own crew to begin with to be a permanent member of Luffy's crew (sure, Usopp had a "crew", but it was only a pretend one). Plus, it would just be plain awkward for the final crewmember to be someone who's probably stronger than Luffy...