View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 20:38   Link #65
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
QB knows that keeping Madoka close will give him lots of crisis moments for yet another contract pitch. And in saying so, he even gives Madoka a feeling of purpose. Ain't that convenient? I'm surprised how readily QB's statements are believed where he's been SHOWN to be a scheming bastard (by calling Kyouko over after Mami's death (ending ep4) and not warning Sayaka that Kyouko had told him that she intended to kill her).

So he says. But a Magical Girl could. Hint hint. *winks*

Look, he ORCHESTRATED this showdown. Why would he suddenly want to PREVENT it? It's only one more push to contract Madoka.
That's an interesting theory, but there's no proof yet. Everything that has happened has a perfectly normal explanation from the information we've been given. Kyube has been fairly forthright that his desire is to make MG's to fight witches. Does he have an interest? Sure. But he's never been dishonest about it and hasn't really pressured anyone. Just a bit of urgency when the girls were in trouble, but it was their choice to go in.

But of course, Kyube can't win no matter what he does.

Ranma: "Hey, Kuno!"
Kuno: "Your attempt to greet me is all an act to get inside my guard. I shall not fall for it!"
Ranma: "Seriously, Kuno, I'm just saying hello."
Kuno: "Don't mock me, Saotome! One day I shall expose thy vile sorcerous ways!"
Akane: "Come on, Ranma, ignore him. We're going to be late for class."

Quote:
Mami hinted about this just aswell, she also threatened Homura to stay away ("last time we can settle this with mere words").
To me, this was Mami reading Homura's intentions. Mami realized that, since Homura was very much against Madoka and Sayaka becoming MG's, she'd be riding Mami harder and would attack if she had to. Mami realized that further words would no longer work past that point, because Homura would attack next time.

But could go either way. Just how I saw it, which may or may not be correct.

Quote:
Kyouko openly talks about killing Sayaka, and QB doesn't even flinch
Kyube doesn't flinch at all. I don't think he has any ability to flinch, heh. He does warn Kyoko that it may not go as she wants, though. And since he wants MG's to fight witches, MG's fighting each other is counter-productive. But as he says, he can't do anything about it. And Kyoko isn't the type to be convinced via words, anyway.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote