View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 20:43   Link #818
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ask them a question about the main story, they'll "Derp?"
Then again, in that guy's defense the story has nothing to do with the endgame, which shall be raids. It does not change spells, it does not change endgame villains, it does not change the overall story that much from a Cold War setting. You are either nice or a prick in your cutscenes. In the end, it is an MMO and as much as BW touts story the MMO medium is limiting. And, some people may not give a damn about the story and just want an MMO with lightsabers. Even if BW made TOR a fantastic gripping story, there will be a crowd that just skips it and bitches about no endgame.

Also he may still understand the story completely. In beta I often read the subtitles and moved on before the voices finished. It saved a lot of time. Furthemore, not to sound like a snob, but the stories are not extraordinary complex (okay this sounds snob-like anyway, sorry). Players may be fun to some and that is perfectly fine, but we are not talking about Planescape Torment story either. I am not going to get into the flaws I think TOR's has story since I have already bitched about it and I should probably just move on anyway.

Although, this is probably just a cookie cutter leveling scheme or perhaps an XP exploit in the works.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote