Thread: Licensed Denno Coil (TV Series!)
View Single Post
Old 2007-02-21, 10:57   Link #19
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Many thanks for the scan!
Let's see, more information. Yay. First impression: zomg Kyouko looks like a total Mei clone. (That's not a bad thing, mind you)
Thanks for translating Yeah Kyouko does look like Mei, I'm fine with that because I've read Iso is the best candidate for the title of 'The Next Miyazaki', and homages are a sure fire sign of such things. Whether it's true remains to be seen, of-course. I certainly think he's more suited to that title than Makoto Shinkai.

Quote:
Is it the scan, or is it me, or is there a yellowish tinge with the colour design? I vaguely noticed it in other pictures fo the show too... I like how it lends a nostalgic, sort of old feel to the pictures/designs...
That's true, the website also has a sort of sepia palette to it. It's good whimsical mood colour.
Quote:
Anyway, since my English has deteriorated to the point where anything I attempt to translate comes out in Engrish, I'll just list down what I understand from the scan that isn't already known from other scans (in this thread)

-Houses and other buildings haven't actually changed so much in 202X, but the Net environment has developed and expanded very rapidly, and the items known as "Dennou Megane" (Computer glasses) became a common object...
'Dennou Megane' eh? I wondered why they were all wearing glasses and goggles. I guess those computer glasses allow them to plug into that virtual world with the giant fish. Although I actually thought those glasses was some sort of gear that the kids wore - you know like special devices they kept in those pouches on their belts. Denno Sentai Rangers lol. Or something.

Animage March also has some Denno Coil in it, but I can't get my hands on that readily, otherwise I'd scan that too. I may have a look the next time I'm in London.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote