View Single Post
Old 2007-12-31, 07:41   Link #81
Daveish
Higurashi Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia833 View Post
Well it wouldn't bear much resembelence to any actual english villages (most "pagan" cults are actually fairly recent, what with over a thousand years of christianity converting most of the local competition. It's just that maypoles, harvest celebrations, much of the traditional christmas imagery and what have you were either co-opted by the church or else became meaningless ritual.) so unless you wanted to completely change the nature of Hinamizawa syndrome you'd have to find some way of Christianising the local faith, make it a really obscure denomination with plenty of pagan inspiration and have the Oyashiro-sama analogue be patron saint or somesuch. Interesting idea but it would end up being so wildly different from the source that you'd be best up writing an original concept with a few inspirations.
I think a Britiosh version would be good, i actually live in a english version of hinamizawa excluding the whole crazy deaths and such but the layout is pretty similar and we even have the 2 ruling families. Basically i think an english version would be entirely possible given the right oppotunity so long as oyashiro sama isn't a saint of some sort