View Single Post
Old 2008-04-11, 12:26   Link #114
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I would like to say Lelouch probably does give "two-shits" about Japan's freedom because he has said at one point that even with the shitty conditions Japan was the one place he and Nunnally found happiness.

P.S.
87th in line? Wtf I thought that their was 20 children.....
Yep. He like Japan pretty much. In Stage8.5 he said "we have found a peaceful life in this foreign country."

Not only the Emperor's children are waiting in line. Other children with royal blood, and maybe the Emperor's siblings are in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
no, he does care about their freedom, even if he tried to justify it to himself as a mere "means to an end" in episode 24's preview.

Giving Japan is at very least part of his atonement for the 200,000 Japanese people who died because of his stupid mistake. But then he's also got a sense of responsibility to his subordinates and in general a hatred of seeing people living on their knees in near to total slavery. Nunnally may be on the top of his list of things important to him, but that doesn't mean that freeing Japan isn't important to him too.
Ditto to that.
However I doubt if that many died. 200,000 is the number that "applied" to become Japanese, not the number that actually entered the stadium for the ceremony. Usually a stadium can't hold that many people methinks.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote