View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 16:27   Link #63
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Who said I don't want to discuss the romance anymore?
Well, "but I'd rather not get into that since I've already said what I wanted to say earlier in the old romance thread." sounded pretty much like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
The way I meant Alto took notice is more of a deeper feeling for Sheryl, I only saw him really care for her after she became ill, I didn't mean interests or attractions. I agree that episode 5 showcased Alto having an attraction towards Sheryl but I only meant that statement as Alto being tender and sensitive. I guess I was too vague, in the beginning, even in episode 5 he was annoyed with Sheryl most of the time. This is what I was trying to point out.
Being annoyed by her was just him being tsun-tsun, because of his manlyness issues.

I agree that he just admitted to himself his deeper feelings for Sheryl when he was told that she was about to die. He then had to face the reality that he could not decide on his own time when he wanted to go forward on those feelings and then acted.

However, I date his romantic attraction to her quite before that point. I think episode twelve was when he realized that Sheryls feelings were not only for show but for real, when she collapsed on him trying to give him his birthday present.

Then, much shooting ensued. After the return to Frontier, Sheryl mostly was in the hospital. We got the sing-off in episode fifteen, which was a big signal to Alto that both girls had an interest in him, and then episode sixteen, where I personally think Alto showed quite clearly that he was romantically interested in Sheryl.

Episode eighteen at the latest had him showing reactions towards Sheryls which went far beyond "a bit more than friends".

To summarize, IŽd date his real romantic interest in Sheryl ( as opposed to being just attracted ) at episode twelve and at the latest, if you employ all negative modifiers, episode eighteen. Ranka had a little chance in almost exactly that space ( 12-17 ), but that fizzled completely.