View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 17:07   Link #64
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Being annoyed by her was just him being tsun-tsun, because of his manlyness issues.

I agree that he just admitted to himself his deeper feelings for Sheryl when he was told that she was about to die. He then had to face the reality that he could not decide on his own time when he wanted to go forward on those feelings and then acted.

However, I date his romantic attraction to her quite before that point. I think episode twelve was when he realized that Sheryls feelings were not only for show but for real, when she collapsed on him trying to give him his birthday present.

Then, much shooting ensued. After the return to Frontier, Sheryl mostly was in the hospital. We got the sing-off in episode fifteen, which was a big signal to Alto that both girls had an interest in him, and then episode sixteen, where I personally think Alto showed quite clearly that he was romantically interested in Sheryl.

Episode eighteen at the latest had him showing reactions towards Sheryls which went far beyond "a bit more than friends".

To summarize, IŽd date his real romantic interest in Sheryl ( as opposed to being just attracted ) at episode twelve and at the latest, if you employ all negative modifiers, episode eighteen. Ranka had a little chance in almost exactly that space ( 12-17 ), but that fizzled completely.
Ah episode 16, would that be the episode where Alto found Sheryl and she collapsed from her illness? Again, this is the major reason why I really have a hard time saying that Alto and Sheryl is canon. I know you've heard this time and time again but it just keeps coming back to how she's constantly feinting because of her disease. Although Alto still didn't know she was dying, he was worried because she was still sick and she was supposed to be in the hospital. I do understand however that Sheryl asks him why he was worried and he stutters because he couldn't find a way to answer her but it's really hard to determine whether or not it was because he had romantic feelings or because he was a worried friend, I admit it could go either way though.

As for Ranka, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her even in the midst of the final episodes. Of course her absence didn't help her relationship with Alto but even with the time she was gone, Alto couldn't help but think about her. Yes, episode 23 lol, deja vu huh? I've heard plenty of opinions on that conversation with Klan Klan but I do believe that he still has feelings for Ranka even though he thought she betrayed Frontier. I don't believe that this is a "solid" confession but it does reassure me of his feelings for her, the flashbacks he had were those of his moments with Ranka on Gallia 4 and they were happy moments coupled with his loving memories of his mother. If those flashbacks had been those of her leaving with Brera or other scenes that weren't, "happy" to say the least, then I would have been inclined to say that Alto and Sheryl is a definite.