View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 12:46   Link #1668
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I just hope you are not responding from my post lol because I never say non-japanese heritage shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions about songs in polls just because they don't understand it
If you'd read my previous posts, you'd know I was constantly responding to some slightly unsavory comments made by some other (I assume Ranka's) fans who think one needs to be a full-on japanese speaker, to be able to enjoy their favorite songs - and, since we're ill-bred westerners, we're just not equipped to do so, and that's why we prefer some other kinds of songs (which aren't so sublime as the ones they deem so). Pure bull, in my opinion, as I think music is music no matter where you are from or what languages you're fluent in - and even if you don't understand any of the words that are being sung.

Nothing to do with you, personally, so not to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
SH is underrated but Anata no Oto even more. I mean it was so important that it titled the final episode. But here too it needs advanced understanding of Japanese onomatopoeia to get the symbolism.
What kind of advanced knowledge of onomatopoeias do we need to understand "Dokun, dokun, dokun"?

Sorry, couldn't resist it. Please don't shoot me...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote