View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 13:38   Link #1673
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
So, you agree, to an extent, that the people who do not understand japanese shouldn't have an opinion over what's the better song, just because they can't understand the innate poetic workings of something? I don't get to say I like Diamond Crevasse better than Seikan Hikou because of that? It's just a bit much, for me, really...
I mean, really... c'mon, Seikan Hikou is a poppy song. Yoko Kano herself called it a poppy-idol song. What could be so transcendentally hidden in the context of the poetry rhythmic that it would drastically change some of our plain westerners understanding and appreciation of it? I just don't get this kinda reasoning...
My friend I never singled out Seikan Hikou and I also never said that you weren't allowed to express your own opinions about any song. I merely expressed that although most people can get the gist of a Japanese song, be it what ever genre, it's difficult to really understand it completely considering you can't do a literal translation of certain Japanese words. We can find the closest word in English but sometimes it's not exactly what it means, that's all I was trying to say

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote