View Single Post
Old 2010-05-13, 18:52   Link #9922
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
And as much as I like the idea of parents = stakes, there's a huge setback in EP2. The adults (except Rosa) should all be dead at the first twilight, so what does it mean when the stakes are killing people after that? Is it possible for the adults to still be alive, or should it be interpreted as something else?
I thought that the stakes were the fantasy's side's pawns. And the adults were the other side's pawns. Like for example people say that Maria represents the black king and Battler the white king but you wouldn't say Maria represents Battler.

So it's not that they are actually the adults, it's just that they are across from the adults if Rokkenjima were a real game board. And you can see that the stakes can capture other pieces, like how the pawns can captures knights, bishops and queens. Etc.

Anyways, it's just a metaphor. Like Judoh said, I don't think this will be of much value...

Although it is fun. If I were to line up the anti-fantasy side it might be something like:

White side
Pawns: Parents + Nanjo
Rooks/Knight/Bishop pairs: George + Shannon, Jessica + Kanon, Gouda + Kumasawa
King: Battler
Queen: ???

Which raises the question.. if Maria IS the black king then we're short one person on the anti-fantasy side. Who is Battler's queen? ... Erika?! <trollface> Ange?

Anyways, I'm not sure how much this metaphor is supposed to hold up. If it must absolutely hold then we are technically missing a person.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote