Thread: Crunchyroll Oda Nobuna no Yabō
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 22:08   Link #1138
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
I wish the art wasn't wasted on lolis and loli'fied teens
The men look good too, in a sense, at least the most hideous of them doesn't look outright creepy. Sure, there are more girls who get to be on the screen, but the rule of marketing over there is: Nobody wants to buy a poster of a male character from a show unless if you make them pretty boys and then make them kiss each other, but then again that's for a different kind of demographic. So the next thing is why waste your resources on trying to attract people using something only certain other people like and not the majority?

We don't have the people making the shows to blame, there's a correlation between the consumers in general and things they get from makers. It's an inter-dependency. People stop buying, the market will fall. If the market doesn't do what people want, they won't buy.

Perhaps if majority started to prefer things like, say, Basara levels of cool and awesome and the market there deems it's plausible they invest in that kind of thing, we might be running out of lolis' and ladies' screentime on the screen.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote