View Single Post
Old 2013-11-17, 23:20   Link #77
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'll be honest. The second Nyanta demonstrated that he could cook actual food, I figured it was gonna be significant. Maybe I overestimated it a bit too much, since it's not exactly a hard monopoly. Anyone with a highish cooking stat can simply really try to learn how to cook conventionally, and be able to produce edible food.

Though for the moment, with nobody else knowing exactly what they're doing to make the crescent burgers, they have a total monopoly on the most sought after substance on this world *actual food*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Oh, and
Spoiler:
Oh that poor tiny little lady.

She just can't catch a break around these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
they can't even achieve 5M just by selling those foods. It will take way too long.
The time really isn't the problem though. Especially since the rate they could sell burgers would go up as they make more money, which would hypothetically allow them to expand their burger distribution.

No. The real problem is competition. Because hypothetically speaking, all that would be needed to replicate actual food production is people with high cooking stats. Actual physical talent in food preparation can be learned. Once people figure out how they're doing it, they'll be competition, possibly from bigger guilds that have much more ability to exploit the market.

So far though, Shiroe doesn't seem too worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
They experience hunger for certain. No one has tried starving himself to death so far to know if not eating can kill.
People certainly wouldn't eat the mush that's menu prepared food in this world if they never got hungry. Get hungry enough, and a person will push anything down their throat.