View Single Post
Old 2006-04-07, 08:37   Link #13
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldy18
There's only one problem with that theory: Ichigo didn't have an Asauchi, yet he still was able to 'create' Zangetsu. So, if Ichigo isn't an exception, every Shinigami should in theory be able to 'create' their Zanpakutou's without the need of an Asauchi. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more ways than one to acquire one's Zanpakutou. Useing an Ausauchi could be one of them.
[trying not to backpedal too much]

maybe I should step back for a minute. every shinigami has a zanpakuto. fact, right? so if ichigo becomes a shinigami, he must have a zanpakuto. where exactly it comes from? perhaps your creation theory is more correct.

but i'd like to add to it by saying that to start with, perhaps the sword is little more than a sliver of your soul, or the potential thereof. As you grow as a shinigami, perhaps my aforementioned 'accretion' theory comes back into relevance. More of your potential is revealed, allowing for shikai and eventually bankai, if those are within your power.

that still allows for Ichigo's specific transformation, and the giving of asauchi to academy students. i think