View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 08:59   Link #1359
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I see a lot of reverse-harem features in this show and have been wondering whether this will be Gen's revisioning of that trope the same way Madoka revised the magical-girl genre. I see a lot of Toshokan Sensou, another noitaminA show, in Psycho-Pass, though the obvious senpai romance in that earlier show has yet to develop here. Right now the obvious shipping targets for Akane are Shinya and Ginoza-san.

I find all this a bit amusing after seeing that quote from Gen that he wasn't going to adapt his story to attract women just because it is on noitaminA.

Does Sawashiro Miyuki have a lock on voicing characters in their 20's and 30's this year? She's already portrayed both Serika in Space Brothers and Mine Fujiko in the Lupin/Fujiko remake. Now she's voicing the lesbian scientist. She also voiced my favorite character in Toshokan Sensou, Shibasaki Asako, who reminds me a bit of Yayoi in this show.

While I didn't recognize Sakurai Takahiro in episode one, the description of his character at Wiki makes it sound like it was written for him: "He is a humanist on the dark side who's hopelessly in love with cruelty, savagery, and all the worst aspects of human nature." Yup, sure sounds like a Sakurai character to me!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote