View Single Post
Old 2006-08-11, 18:30   Link #35
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
How do you know that shinji lives in that "dream world?" From what I understood, it was just a representation of shinji's mind, showing the process he went through to overcome his depression. In that case it could still be reconcilable to the end of the movie (somewhat...)
Well, I guess not exactly his dream world (been spending too much time in the Rozen Maiden topic), but the ideal world he created where he felt like he could live a happy life. I get that from the series ending, from the snippet where he and Asuka are childhood friends, he "bumps" into Rei, and Misato is their teacher.

The Angelic Days manga follows that storyline. I meant that this storyline is a possible sequel, but it wouldn't satisfy a lot of fans. If you're talking about the TV ending where Shinji gets a big congratulations at the end... I don't know what kind of interesting, canonical plotline could come out of that.

The "big news" in Newtype could well be the Chronicles of Evangelion book, which Anno stated would never come out. It's supposed to answer every single question about EVA. Anno's new Gainax project is just that, a new project.