Thread: Souten Kouro
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-30, 05:30   Link #64
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i have been scare to try this one, as Japanese manga always messed up the 3 kingdom story
That's most likely because in Japan, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is more of literature, was traditionally popular compared with Records of Three Kingdoms, which is more of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
1) Which part is ridiculous?
It would be my question, too. Souten Kouro is based on Records of Three Kingdoms and I personally found the characterization and the story were well-thought although some directions/effects are ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
hm, looks like okashii-subs dropped souten kouro. can someone confirm that?
Well, I only watched non-sub versions...so I cannot comment on that.

In the last episode, the dark side of, Guan Yu, who is traditionally depicted as the embodiment of royalty, was dramatized in a rather interesting way...I wanted to see how character interactions would be developed since Cao Cao takes a great role in this and that there would be an interesting contrast between the character of Cao Cao and that of Liu Bei. Of course, I know the conclusion but the process must be interesting in this work. Also, it's a shame that the work hasn't gone far to the Red Cliff...I can see someone who is probably Zhuge Liang in the opening...
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote