View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 02:25   Link #22562
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Or maybe not. This is what I was pointed out earlier, since we don't know what's the truth you could see this however you like.

If you like to think that the apparent incosistencies or holes in the story are what he planned and he does have an explanation then it's all good I guess... but you can't know for sure.

However I prefer to think that in doubt it's better to assume the author made a blunder. Else any idiot could write an half assed story and then claim he can explain everything and everything makes perfect sense, but he won't tell because it's part of his "narrative objective".
No, I understand what you're saying. The thing is, there's a difference between an honestly ambiguous point and one where the author deliberately draws attention to the inconsistency. It's hard to write something off as a blunder when presenting it required the author to expend additional narrative effort to no other apparent purpose.

That text in Kinzo's story and the EP7 tea party didn't come from nowhere. If you want to claim that undermining the credibility of the bomb theory was a mistake, then what other narrative objective was Ryukishi trying to accomplish with that new explanation that couldn't be reached with just the Kaiten warheads?

Last edited by LyricalAura; 2011-04-08 at 03:04.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote