View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 06:00   Link #22563
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Of course, the question is where those records were kept. If he had copies at the family clinic, as any responsible doctor would, his son ought to be able to go find them and notice if anything is wrong. Unfortunately, Nanjo wasn't a responsible doctor, so who knows if he even bothered to write down anything with respect to Kinzo's treatment?

But if there is anything on file, it ought to still be at the Nanjo Clinic. There's no particularly good reason for it not to be if it exists.
I got the impression that Nanjo was a good doctor, just pressured and possibly bribed (to get money for his grandson) to go along with the plot. EP1 has Genji talking about making sure he goes along.

Quote:
@Nanjo Records: Yea, Nanjo apparently took them with him. Even if they did survive, though, he'd probably have FAKED treatments and such. I mean, who's gonna contradict him if someone snoops?
You know, it's actually quite strange. It's not like anyone on the island was going to demand to see Kinzo's charts, so why did he feel the need to bring them along? I guess he could have faked some up and planned to deliberately show them to the siblings, but there was no indication of that in any of the games that I can think of.
There's no reason to keep them at the patient's residence, esp. since Nanjo would have needed them for his own paperwork. It was almost certainly to cover up the fact that they didn't exist after Kinzo's death. It takes a lot of effort to continually fake data from non-existent medical exams. It can also be detected by analyzing the data patterns. Nanjo seemed to be a reluctant conspirator who wouldn't have gone that far. Unless Kinzo was a strictly private patient who kept Nanjo on a retainer and Krauss continued it, there might be evidence in Nanjo's billing records, malpractice insurance, reports to the Japanese version of Medicare, income tax, etc. There's also pharmacy records. Dying old people require a lot of meds, and unless Nanjo kept writing prescriptions to a dead man, the pharmacy would have recorded a cessation in getting them filled.

Doctors actually do give diagnoses like Kinzo's. The Lockerbie bomber was released because he supposedly only had three months to live. (Unfortunately, it was wrong.)
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote