View Single Post
Old 2011-04-10, 19:45   Link #22575
Roseweave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
That's really not possible, or else you'll have to explain why all the other servants were complaining about room arrangements, and why Shannon is just suddenly living by herself. Between being Yasu and being Kanon, where the hell did she GO? Did she just run around the mansion without being seen by ANYONE, somehow getting enough to eat and stuff without anyone noticing, and then just...became Kanon and started collecting a paycheck? How was she able to make Shannon go along with this?
There's a similar set of problems with Shkannontrice.

And it's not true that she wasn't seen by anyone - after all there were plenty of sightings of Beatrice around the mansion. It's a big enough island, too, there may even be other random hidden buildings beside Kuwadorian, or she could have been taken off the island.

What's of note to me is that it's mentioned Yasu was quite ill when younger, but this seems forgotten later on in the story. I think it's likely her illness was tied with her disappearance(or her sudden change to Shannon, or whatever).

Quote:
If her name is Sayo Yasuda, then Yasu is Shannon.
Fans came up with that. The name Sayo could be a lie too.

Quote:
No one actually addresses the "Shannon" that Yasu treats as her BFF. She's just sort of there, and she apparently never ages, has no bed of her own, and apparently Yasu can control her goddamn thoughts.
Both Shannon and Yasu are seen and referred to together by the maids.

We can only trust those scenes. We can't trust the scenes where Shannon and Yasu are alone, because one of them could be making those up - didn't you learn anything from Natushi in Ep.5? Same thing, with some differences. Kinzo was still a real guy.

Quote:
And both being clumsy...and both loving Battler...and both having no friends and resorting to fantasy escapism. Also, they talk to each other in Shannon's dreams. Is Yasu a telepath, or are they the same person?
Fantasy scene. Their personalities are very different. And Shannon doesn't resort to escapism in the same way Yasu does.

Quote:
It's Yasu confessing the truth as she remembers it. She may embellish with magical scenes, but if we're gonna say stuff like "Oh, Shannon and Yasu only shared a room because of MUDDLED MEMORIES", then why listen to ANY of this testimony? It's no different than saying "none of this matters since it's not in red."
Because there are some holes obviously too big to fill. Remember, Kinzo was confessing "The truth" too.

Quote:
You are VASTLY misunderstanding what that rule actually means. Maria made up all of her imaginary friends, rules, and concepts all by herself. What she needed a SECOND PERSON for was someone to observe and validate it; the same goes for Yasu. She has a complete fictional universe within her mind. But she dresses up as her characters and pretends to be a witch to get people to believe it exists, and thus validate the existence of her Beatrice character. Running with this, there's absolutely no violation with this Yasu character dressing up as both Shannon and Kanon and getting everyone involved to believe both characters are real people.
But what's of note is that Maria never had a "golden" land of her own. Initially, we only seen the Golden land between Shannon and Beatrice, and Beatrice and
Maria. This should tell you something.

Quote:
You ignore everything else said in the episode. Like how a universe without a second person is just a daydream or delusion (Shannon speaks to Beatrice in a dream...hmmmmm), and he describes that the "chick Beatrice" was in an egg until it appeared before Maria, and that Mariage Sorciere was a "nest" to mutually nurture both their worlds.
The Chick/Elder Beato and the "Universe" itself don't have to be created at the same time, so they don't have to have the same triggers. Beatrice and her universe are not quite the same thing.

Quote:
And this Beatrice-who-is-not-Shannon...uh...spoke to her in her dream? And somehow magically took the love-for-Battler from her soul? Somehow? How the hell does that work?
Fantasy scene. Shmion bullshit.

More believable than Shkannontrice by a mile.

Quote:
Come on, man, you can try and argue that Shannon and Kanon are different, but you can't argue that Shannon and Beatrice are different. You seriously just can't, it's impossible.
I just did. You haven't really given any hard proof.

Quote:
How the hell does that work? George doesn't care about the headship and only wants to form his own corporate empire, and that's irrelevant to love anyway. What the hell's Jessica gonna do? "Oops, sorry, Kanon, but I'm not gonna be the head of the family, so fuck you, the romance is off"? Because the headship was so important to Jessica.

Honestly, I don't think you thought this through at all.
I don't think you have. The point is, it's possible that only the person that solves the riddle and gets headship survives the massacre/b0mb by feeling to Kuwadorian - of course, it turned out to be Eva, so depressingly, nobody won, but that's what suggests this possibility. I'm not sure how this fits with how the Ep7 tea party/Ep 8 answer is depicted. There are too many unknowns.

Shkannontrice is just a truly awful theory. I don't know why you're getting so aggressive at someone for trying to make better sense of the whole thing.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote