View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 11:10   Link #1315
Random Wanderer

Putting the arguments aside, I have finished the Phantom Bullet arc. Actually I finished it last night at about 3:30 AM, so I went to bed rather than comment on it right away. Anyway. I found Sinon's story and situations to be very powerful. The author must be quite impressive to have this level of emotional impact carry across through translations. I could feel Sinon's fear when she thought Death Gun was actually going to kill her, when she had a relapse, when she realized there was probably someone standing in her room at that moment, ready to kill her body in real life as soon as she was shot in the game. I was afraid for her when I suddenly realized that the friend she had trusted was insane, and had come there to either rape her or kill her. I was touched at the end when the woman came to thank Sinon for saving her and her unborn daughter five years ago, and I teared up when the daughter gave Sinon the handmade card, thanking her for saving them both.

This is a separate story, and I agree the anime has no need to so far as to try adapting it, but it is still very good. It hits the right notes, introducing a new character and then really making me care about her. I liked this a lot.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote