View Single Post
Old 2011-06-17, 04:02   Link #47
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yay, I've been waiting for this episode for quite a while. An episode to develop the glasses wearing character that delivers sarcastic barbs constantly. Oh wait, it's not about me. This episode provides Tsurikko with much needed development, as she was the final mystery in this well developed cast. It turns out that she has also been stuck in her attraction to Yukkiatsu for all these years, but he just really doesn't see her in that way. Cutting her hair shows that she was gonna change herself to move on, but we're not really sure if she has stopped lying to herself. And I do miss that longer hair. :S

It was also sad to see her break down, she even mentioned the crossdressing to others and is incredibly upset despite trying to act otherwise.

Meanwhile, speaking of self-deception, Jintan is in a dangerous spot where he is happy with Menma and the others, but he cannot let go of her. He's relieved that the fireworks wasn't really what Menma wanted but at the same time he's becoming less and less willing to find Menma's true wish. So at this critical juncture, Jintan will still remain stuck.

Yukikiatsu... poor fool, lol.

And so on the 2nd to last episode, they are still stuck. What's it gonna take for them to accept the truth? The source of the stress, the source of their pain is what they cared for the most. And still care for.

Great setup for a finale and I actually rewatched the episode to catch some of the finer details. I can't think of a better way to praise this, so 10/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews