View Single Post
Old 2007-04-14, 17:44   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I hope they power up the avatar and just leave the mamoth alone, or at least balence it out thru' things like increased firing speed. I like the current balence where you need to make Tier 1 units early game Tier 2 for sneak attacks or 'stratigic strikes' sorta speak and Tier 3 to end the game.

Sure a game will almost never last more then 15 minutes, 20 max (mostly cuz resource depletion is high) but I feel I'm playing more in 7 minutes in this game then say 30-40 in a starcraft game, which in my opinion is somewhat the polar oposite of this. For say here it's a firestorm war where you just have to keep up logistics and control the battle field (and at least in the games I've played, exept for the first 2-3 minutes, there are always tanks missle soldiers avatars.. <you name it> fighting somewhere.) ..where as in something like starcraft you have short battles and your always in a state of 'depression' sorta speak~ (unless you go for those unlimited resource maps lol)

-------------------------------------------
> Well, i've played online a few times but the ranking is(was) fricking bugged if you ask me, i think they've fixed it now but is was quite annoying.
Yup.. nuked in the last patches.. they also seem to make covert balence changes. I know something like all turrets could see invisible units.. (hell it's writen' in the damn intel DB too..) now things like GDI anti-infantry can't (just to name one), it's most likely meant to make sneak attacks more feasable.

------------------------------------------------
> But online is quite hard if you ask me (I suck in most of the maps), rush is still the best option for online but in network against (or with) my friends we tent to rush quite a lot less. Dn0 why though
Build up like you would with a tank rush. (max 2 war factories)
Build something 3 to 5 anti-infantry turrets at the major attack points,
Build a lot of rocket squads.
This will work well against a tank spammer if you can keep the balence trick. Just macro the tanks as a meat shield against the tank spammer, rocket infantry are almost imposible to get at. Also try to kill any MPC or buggyes he may have.

To win mass 3 squads of bommers or you can go orcas with GDI as well.. then go and kill his base construction ability then his war factories. Air defence for a tank spammer is almost non-existent lol, and pitbulls, I think, were downgraded a lil' as anti air.

Well this is a good turtle stratagy, it won't work on all maps but on some of the popular ones it will. (you'll need some practice lol a lil' more then you need to get tank spams reasonably right)
BTW if air fails.. nuke him'

--------------------------------------------
I know tank spam is well everywhere.. and I can't say they're cheating.. if you play against brutal GDI steamrollers you'll notice they do it too.. so I think the game was meant to be played this way..

I know there are a lot of self proclaimed experts everywhere moning on how they can't snale and turtle.. lol. Like instead of having cool units like tanks and instead having just boring building and playing endless games is more fun.
Sure I like to macro my way to victory but I the though of macroing in this game like in starcraft with drops etc. just sounds utterly ridiculas.

The only thing I agree with them is the moans on walls.. I've always loved to doll-house myself in old C&C games. (yeah really old ones..) Damn EA for taking them away~ <moans>