Thread: Licensed Claymore Manga
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-03, 01:22   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Oh lord... what a question. There was so much happening in volume 7 that I almost got a heart attack, though for me the biggest issue was the kiss.

As for the new arm, fercrissakes! That was not a power up system. While it is full of unique and interesting potential for abuse, you can't seriously call it a power up system. To abuse this system you'd need to find someone whose body is stronger than your own. Then you'd need to kill them somehow, hack off their limb and make it your own. Not exactly the same as going SSJ-2 or learning bankai. The uses for this are rather limited and honestly nobody can benefit from this nearly as much as Clare. Clare is really the only strong person whose body is weak enough to need the flesh of others.

Also, this is very story driven and extrememly emotional. At first I'm suffering as Clare learns to fight without her right arm. Then I almost freaked out when Ilena chopped off her own arm for Clare to use. It won't be as shocking in the future, but it is still a big deal to take someone else's flesh and make it your own.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote