View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 04:03   Link #2620
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Japanese pop-cultural osmosis pretty much happened organically, since unlike Korean industries, which deliberately aim for spreading Korean soft power (with the motivation of beating Japan), Japan has never really had such motivation. For the most part, foreigners simply take the first initiative to hunt for Japanese pop-culture stuff, instead of Japan deliberately campaigning for spreading theirs. In this regard, Japan has been passive all the time.

And yes, I agree that K-Pop has been a bit over-rated.
It is not even that K-pop is overrated. Sure K-pop is popular, but the way Korean media cover is downright cringe worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think one thing the Koreans should be well known for in the entertainment industry is their historical drama (which I find interesting and "rather" well sensationalised) and Starcraft.

Was at a gaming convention just now and had tried out the HOTS beta; they reserved one whole row of PCs solely for "Korean guests". It was not only a waste of space because there are no Korean diginaries around, it is also unfair because all the keyboards and mouse are in perfect functioning order.

Yes you heard me right - it is UNFAIR and LOPSIDED to provide a Korean Starcraft player a PC with WORKING peripherals when they are playing against people from other nationalities.
YES! Historical Korean drama is the only Korean drama I truly like and respect.

And I have something shameful to tell, I suck at Starcraft .