View Single Post
Old 2010-03-28, 08:50   Link #6481
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Are you seriously trying to use this as a lesson to teach me not to use colloquial extremes? No. I refuse. That's stupid. Or did you want me to say that it might be slightly annoying to continue? Communication isn't perfect, if you can't detect the millions of assumed nuances in conversation, you're going to misunderstand everyone (Oh no! The "E" word!). I seriously cannot believe that you legitimately misinterpreted my "everybody" for meaning literally every single person on the face of the planet and beyond. It seems like you just want to argue.

Nobody's going to be perfectly specific in speech, ever. In fact, the more specific the sentence, the more likely there will be a fundamental misunderstanding due to differences in definition.
Who's the group trying to convince others that Hayate's 'true love' is Athena because he's said the words 'I love her'?

Hayate no Gotoku is built on misinterpretation. Please do remember this.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote