View Single Post
Old 2011-09-05, 17:07   Link #24200
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Bah. I know we've talked about this before, but doesn't this mean that the writer wrote them after the incident? With 1986 weather forecasting technology, there was at best about 3 days in advance that the writer would know about the typhoon. And only 1 day unless they somehow knew of Ange's last minute absence in advance.
Ep 4 says:

Quote:
Later on, it was confirmed that a similar message bottle had been recovered from the nearby ocean on the day of the accident by the police in their search for lost articles, and this caused a sensation.
"It seems that, due to evidence from the surrounding area and the fact that the bottle was sealed, the police had decided that its likelihood of being a fabrication was low, and that it had been abandoned within several days before the accident. And the handwriting for both matched. This caused the credibility of the scraps of paper discovered by the fisherman to rise.
So the police with its scientifical means affirmed the message was written prior to the incident.
I've no idea how Yasu guessed the weather. Maybe that's a typical weather for that place so more than a guess it was a 'there's more tahn 50% chances for this weather so I'll bet on it'. Maybe in the original tale the weather was mentioned only once or twice. and in such a way she could remove the pages mentioning the weather with others that would talk of another kindof weather should a typhon not happen.

Quote:
But episode 4 also tells us that "Beatrice" from Maria's diary has the same handwriting as "Ushinomiya Maria". So. Who wrote the bottle-fictions?

Easiest answer: Battler did. Episode 4 1998 was written fiction, and Beatrice's handwriting in Maria's diary was made up by Touya. Why? To make it look like Beatrice was the culprit. And the only person who could reject such a fiction would be Ange herself, who had gone missing.

It's just wild speculation, but... thoughts?
I doubt Battler could have written the messages though I think Toya figured out that the messages were connected with Beatrice, whom Maria declared to be her friend.
So in his mind it was logic to assume that - Beatrice was Maria's friend - Maria played with Ange - Ange might have some memento of Maria and if her disappearance was due to the fact she was chasing the truth, she would use the memento Maria left her to connect the messages to Beatrice.

Quote:
But, well, here's some of my opinions:

The Ange that met Lion is a metaphorical representation in some way, not the "real" Ange. The only possible connection that the "real" Ange might have with Lion is that maybe she read about him somewhere (but whether he was even fictionalized through actual writing at all is debatable). So what we see of their interactions could just be metaphorical for what's going on in Touya's head or Ange's head.
I've had the same idea.

Quote:
The episode 7 Tea Party could have been written by anyone, because by episode 7 there's enough knowledge available to the public to do so; or it may have been written by no one, and was just a frightening idea Ange/Touya thought about on their own. In any case, I think the episode 7 Tea Party wasn't a fictional forgery per se, but an actual theory developed as evidence surfaced in the real world.
Same here, although I think that tea party was showed to us through Toya's eyes again, even if MetaBattler is not around and Piece Battler does surprisingly little.

To me Bern is Toya's creation so the fact she's here to me is a reference that again what we're seeing is something through Toya's eyes.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote