View Single Post
Old 2012-01-16, 15:22   Link #4533
RandomAvatarFan

So, I guess for most people the common approach to attack Beatrice is through Bernkastel's hint at the end of EP1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel
First of all, about that girl. She does have the name Beatrice, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she is 'one individual woman'... Her existence is a personification of the rules of this world.
This basically tells us that 'Beatrice' isn't a witch killing everyone, but rather a name used to describe the force that did.
But I wonder how much that fits. Would each Demon and Witch on the gameboard be a different "force".

Stop thinking about these as characters, but just as a "force" which could be one of the 18, or a method or tool used by the culprit.

Beatrice = Force X
EVA = Force Y
Stakes = Force S

So In EP3, Force Y and Force X directly opposed each other. In EP4, Ange encounters Force Y again. In other words: In EP4, Ange sees what killed her family in EP3. Force X and Force Y use Force S to kill the Ushiromiya family in 1986, but Ange uses Force S to kill Sumadera's goons. In other words: In EP4, Ange uses the same technique that killed her family against the guys with guns.

This theory basically states that everything is exactly how it seems, and that there is a one to one correlation between the fantasy elements and the "true forces".

Yet at the same time, it's really difficult to come up with "one force" to fit inside each witch or demon.
Spoiler for Higurashi EP8:

I must say, EP4 is the most difficult, despite I haven't figured out any of the other chapters. The 1986 game board is really messed up by magic, and I have troubles figuring out what the 1998 board is really supposed to mean.

As for the Meta Witch Trio (Beato, Bern, Lambda)
Spoiler for Higurashi:
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote