Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-24, 00:13   Link #1374
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I agree with Houkoholic here. What was displayed in this episode is still true to the Buddhism element of the character (or in this case, Acala). But I also think that the technique he uses isn't that “badass” (even less than Tenbuhourin).
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
It's not that i think they shouldn't put that calm face, it's just that if they're gonna use it they should use it better, okay maybe i should research more before i complain but still Fudou doesn't even show his angry face when he attacks Eden despite using the same attack and its doesn't make any sense
I completely agree the lack of visual impact is a let down on the part of the "enlightenment" attack, they rushed the attack too much here. It's especially bad when it's kind of cliche in fighting shows when an enemy uses some form of illusion attack to trap the protagonist in a "comfort zone" which they could draw inspiration from but they just spent like 5 seconds on it with everyone except Eden and Kouga being "purified" delivered by mere lines.

On the same topic you could also see that in Saint Seiya that the central theme is "strength from determination", thus taking away that determination means winning, and sure enough you have more than your fair share of saints who aims to do just such things - Harbinger enjoys breaking his opponents' will via pure brute force, Paradox gives her opponent fake peace and love via illusion etc. Fudou's purification is thus an even higher extension of that way of thinking (if the bronze saints are able to with standard Harbinger's brute force, then pure strength to make them submit shouldn't work again), and the bronze saints being able to overcome these obstacles thus gain higher strength via even more determination is just the staple of the series.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote