View Single Post
Old 2009-07-31, 20:04   Link #226
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I hope you mean just for this current story arc (just cause the Whitebeard war may end, doesn't mean the overall War has ended (it won't end until either the pirates/revolutionaries or the WG falls)), because while I'd like the WG to win a big one by the end of this arc, the entire government needs a good revolution to come and kill off all of the disgustingly evil Tenryubito that currently control the world.
Of course. I'm only talking about the present, which is the here and now with the marines and shichibukai versus Whitebeard's crew and his allies. The WG acts as a big deterrent to piracy, and with them out of the picture, pirates would have their way a lot easier, which would make things a lot less interesting. Even if Whitebeard bites the dust, there is still a lot of opposition left to challenge the WG, such as: the Strawhats (eventually later on), the Blackbeard Pirates, the remaining three emperors, the Revolutionaries, and other unknown adversaries/factions that we have yet to see in the New World.

@Phenomenal - If Moria falls in this war, then so be it. Like I said before, as long as he doesn't job miserably and causes lots of problems, I'll be happy . Having a warlord brushed aside so easily would make no sense and be very disappointing from Oda.