View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 14:52   Link #490
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
12,000 years later.

The movie at the beginning of the first episode is a reference at the end of Aquarion Apollo sacrificing himself to save the planet. Slivia promising she'll wait for another 12,000 years to him. 12,000 years later people don't remember some details hence they call Apollo Apollon and Silvia Sylvie. Along with Aquarion being called Aquaria but those in the higher ups now its true name.

Why another you ask? Because Aquarion has the premise of reincarnation. 12,000 before ancient humanity fought Shadow Angels who harvests humans for prana. With the help of Apollonius a Shadow Angel who fell in love with a human woman Celiane they created the Aquarion to fight the Shadow Angels. The events of that ancient war was forgotten until the Shadow Angels reawakened from their slumber and the Aquarion was found. In order to win humans formed the organization called Deava to gather people with powers, Elements, to operate the Aquarion. Much like what happened 12,000 years earlier. But in order for them to have a victory they need the reincarnation of Apollonius. Whom reincarnated to Apollo.

12,000 years after Aquarion humanity is besiege by beings from another dimension called Abductors. Their motivations are unknown. Neo Deava successor to the original Deava sends Aquaria Type-M and Aquaria Type-F to protect humans. Only in this time mixed gender Unions are prohibited. The "accidental" pilot Amata is hinted to be the reincarnation of Apollonius and Apollo as the enemy, Kagura, identifies him as the Wings of the Sun. A title of Apollonius.
Thanks for the rundown. It's pretty damn detailed and I had to read it numerous times in order to understand it. Damn, that much of have been one tragic ending. Here's to hoping that EVOL won't end in a similar manner. Anyway yeah, I got the gist of it. Off I go to watch episode 1 and 2 then. Thanks again.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote