View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 22:31   Link #495
Shinji01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I don't want to go digging through this thread incase I stumble upon some spoilers or something.

Can I just start watching Aquarion EVOL without ever having seen a single episode of the original Aquarion or without knowing what the general premise of the original show was? I'm aware that it's set 10,000 years later but I was simply wondering if I would miss out anything other than some references? Also, how is the original Aquarion; is it worth watching? I haven't heard many positive things about it.
Kawamori said in interviews that EVOL was made so that people who didnt know the first series can still enjoy and follow the plot.
However, knowing the previous series will be better because you can try to solve the mysteries and parallels...like everyone is doing on this thread.

Especially since Aquarion has a broad fan base due to their smash hit Pachinko...They had to make it so that the newer fans who first came across the pachinko can still enjoy EVOL.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote