View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 01:00   Link #57
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The thing with high school is, IMO, that it's a time of "purity" and "innocence", before you graduate and realize what the Real World has to offer. There's also the fact that usually whenever the setting is at college, the plotline tends to get more mature and sexualized (not that all anime that happens at college follows this)

But anyways, I have to go with harem personally. While an all girl cast does have its place, a good portion of the time there are yuri undertones caused either by the director or the fans putting on the goggles... and I am one of the few guys in existence that strongly dislikes yuri. At least in a harem, it's heterosexual love with at least one (usually three or more though) girls, and even if the guy is a complete loser, I can still identify with him*. In an all girls cast... unless the plot is also strong and interesting, I can't really connect with a character.

*Please note that I also bash my head against the wall repeatedly when the male lead is a pathetic loser. And as for harem males getting better... well, here's what I've noticed: if you have around 10~15 harems shows per year, if you're lucky, three to five of them will have a strong male lead. The rest... are just TnA fests

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote