Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2009-02-21, 00:54   Link #2874
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Even if I don't think that the link is newsworthy, I don't mind if other posters decide to check it out. As long as they understand the context, I'm pretty sure that it won't produce any undue pessimism.
Heh, thanks for that generous allowance. Pardon the sarcasm, but really, even if it's not newsworthy, at the most it's going to cost people a minute or two of their time to read and evaluate it as they see fit. There hardly seems to be a need to write up guidelines for how to interpret what's written there.

And why should it produce pessimism to begin with, even assuming it's 100% solid? It's not as though there was some great bright future yet to come for Simoun (AFAIK, anyway). Are you talking about the potential for other similar experimental licenses?

Quote:
I'm not implying that you are acting out of malice at all though. What I'm saying is that while your intentions are genuine, you're blowing a simple statement out of proportion, and that this amounts to creating a rumor. Moreover, it isn't necessary to adopt hysterics to spread a rumor - a calm tone can produce the same effect. Again, I don't think that you're trying to trick anyone, so you don't have to take my statements so personally.
Believe me, I would much prefer not to take them personally and avoid the drama, but saying "what you're doing is to start a rumor that doesn't have any basis in facts", for me, amounts to suggesting bad faith, since I happen to have pretty strong views myself against starting baseless rumors. So, what appears to be a suggestion that I'd deliberately do it myself is not something I could let pass unchallenged. (The funny thing is, without knowing what the facts are, that statement is also fallacious. ) I appreciate that you don't mean to suggest ill will, but it kind of worked out that way here.

Also, I have to wonder, how is it that I could blow this out of proportion to begin with if most people would think like you do and consider this not newsworthy? I couldn't very well start a rumor if my thinking is so obviously baseless as you seem to think.

Anyway, I think I'd better not look at this thread for at least a few days, because the last thing I wanted to do was getting into the kind of argument we're having here now... It's not exactly on topic, is it? Oddly enough, I usually like reading your reasoning, but getting to talking to you, we're having this problem... Go figure.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote