Thread: Licensed Tiger & Bunny (Sunrise)
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-05, 12:16   Link #57
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

While I do like the character designs in the show, I can't helped but feel a little irked at times by the CGI. I guess I'm not loving the idea of superheroes being CGI'd in an anime, but I suppose it's something I can get used to.

Anyhow, the episode was an entertaining one. The idea of corporate sponsored superheroes is something I've never seen before, and in some ways offers a more realistic deconstruction of the superhero genre than something like the beloved Watchmen. However, I don't believe this ultimately a deconstruction in the truest sense of the word, but it offers an interesting way in which the superheros are actually integrated into the world.

Wild Tiger represents the idealistic notion of what a superhero is though. He is a bit of the old guard, the traditional superhero. All the other ones seem more interested (Save clunky armor dude) in fame, and money, promoting their company. It's an advertisement job for them really.

This leads me to question if the villains they just captured and will be capturing/fighting in this series are true villains or ones planted by those broadcasters. It seems a bit fishy really.

Anyhow, I give this episode an 8/10. It was solid, and wasn't a piece of trash like Nichijou... Seems like my Spring season list is just getting packed... Oh man.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote