View Single Post
Old 2003-11-05, 07:08   Link #18
PeppstaR
AG Art Studios

Send a message via AIM to PeppstaR Send a message via Yahoo to PeppstaR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Ah! You live in San Francisco? Im so jealous, I used to live there when I was little...but now..I cant even say it, its too depressing. My goal is to eventually move back! You look like your in graphics.. Is it an easy job market for a graphic designer? Does it pay well enough to aford housing!?!?

Easy job market? no.

Pay well? Not yet.

I've been getting great jobs as you can see from my portfolio but they aren't steady yet. Like when I got the job from SF Xtreme. I was great because they wanted so many images done but it's been getting slower since.

I have to do a lot to keep things going. I've been taking all the jobs thrown at me but sometimes it get frustrating because the clients don't approve everything and it gets thrown back to the beginning or thrown out all together. Fortunately for me, my fiance helps me out alot as I get my art studio going. If I were trying to get by myself, it wouldn't pay enough (San Francisco is probably one of the most expensive cities to live in)

BUT- don't get discouraged. I don't have anything to back me up besides my work. I never attended any art schools or classes so sometimes they don't even look at my portfolio. I also don't have any other professional art experience besides the work I've done since I started my art studio. I don't think that I would be a great example if you wanted to know more about the job market and pay scale.
PeppstaR is offline   Reply With Quote