View Single Post
Old 2008-06-14, 16:47   Link #190
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes DYRL was much better in that aspect Tak and I also think it made Minmei much more sympathetic and likeable than her tv counterpart. I actually felt really bad for her in DYRL while in the tv it was "serves you right bitch, MISA FOREVER!!".

justinstrife I think you're reaching with the BGM's but you may be on the right track. If they use the first half of Innocent Green for like 2-3 more Sheryl and Alto scenes and leave the second half un-played before the final episode than I'll declare victory after 24 (especially if a certain line from the 6 month old Frontier promo by Ranka has yet to be said...)

I'm not to confident about this though (if we get a Sheryl and Alto scene soon with the first half of the song though...) unlike say True Tears. With that I heard the OST the day it got ripped which about 5 weeks before the end of the show. I said the second half of track 30 will be played when blah hooks up with blah. 5 weeks later and I was right on the song usage and the final pairing. Nice write up btw of the 3 main characters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Most of the misunderstandings by Ranka make her believe now that Alto and Sheryl are in a relationship. Which they are not. This is classic writers way of holding back a relationship until this is cleared up. Having Ranka overcome all these hurdles to begin a relationship with Alto is quite possibly especially as I see his leaning more towards Ranka at times. She just held back by her own shortcomings and his closed personality. Either way as an avid reader I wouldn't go counting your eggs till they're hatched.
I actually expect Ranka to overcome these hurdles and being a relationship with Alto around the 13-17 mark which than places Sheryl in the position Ranka is currently in, except it's real and not mistaken. To keep things in the status quo from now until near the end would just be bad writing and drawn out. A lot of sympathy they have gained for Ranka would just go down the drain.

Sheryl hasn't even really made a move on Alto yet and I don't see her doing so until she's forced into doing it, while Sheryl may be on top atm I expect the "lead" to change at least 2 more times throughout the show. Needless to say I hope to see a drunk Sheryl singing Ranka songs in a bar in episode 24....