View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 14:20   Link #1706
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well as I keep mentioning the enemies seem to be scaling to my level (by scaling I mean the enemies are always somewhere around my level) so it's kind of tricky, but yeah maybe yet another full on restart isn't a bad idea, just one that'll be frustrating since I've already gotten so far. I just didn't realize that the regular enemies defense stats would go through the roof quite that much on hard and had heard that normal was too easy so I wanted a challenge.

Honestly it wouldn't be that bad if the average enemy defense stat it was just fine tuned a little lower, but thanks for the warning. I've played Eushully games before and I know how ridiculous they can get with the boss balancing towards the end. I went through all of Princess General 2 and had to drop down to a lower difficulty for the last boss cause everything I had did 1 damage and I got one shotted despite the difficulty curve being pretty normal up to that point.

Seriously though if somebody can confirm if the enemy levels scale like Final Fantasy VIII though that would play a big part in my decision on whether to start over or not. If they don't scale I don't mind levelling, but if levelling is just going to make the average enemy level go up more so that the results are pointless I don't want to bother.
To answer your question, there is a point when a monster's level reaches a cap. It caps based on the map and on its base level. No, it is not like FFVIII.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote