View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 21:46   Link #122
wellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It'd be practically no better than current TSFs. It won't be able to go fast enough to evade Laser-class, and there is currently no known way (IIRC) to spoof them. Current speeds are actually fast enough, and operating time isn't really an issue - IIRC you tend to get NOMed before actually running out of fuel.

If there's some way of defeating - or at least defending - Lasers, then you've got someting viable. This is why I was saying that for the battlefield, post-2040 Valkyries would be more survivable, thanks to the pinpoint barrier system; sure, it won't tank a full on laserhax spam, but it will last more than long enough for you to stay alive.
Then what about with Stargate tech, considering shield technology has been miniaturized to the extent you can have personal shields? They, unlike ME's kinetic barriers, can protect against lasers and such. And naquadah has enough energy to easily supply power to shields.

Is there any mention of what type of powersource TSFs use in Muv-Luv?

Kaizerknight01: Thinking about mecha and controls, part of me wonders how someone who has played Steel Battalion, with its controller, would do in piloting TSFs?
wellis is offline   Reply With Quote