View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 18:04   Link #121
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Rick
Well I think the fact they are a joke validates the Diva doing this by themselves and gaining the allies they do. In that way it gives legitimacy to their mission and is necessary for the plot.

I don't feel the Federation needs a big role in order for the show to entertain or advance its plot.

We'll probably have to agree to disagree, cause I don't see it as laziness and lack of caring to characterize the Federation in a basically side character way to contrast them to the Diva. Which I think is ultimately the true purpose of the Federation. These little side comments do lead to a larger narrative of the Diva being active towards defending the colonies against the U.E when the Federation is not.
Fair enuff...

Quote:
the Federation is inept/unwilling to combat it.
Which is a point grafted by the show's lack of having a point in this area...You just have more faith than I have that this is some well constructed hidden plot that's gonna manifest itself...This show has shown me nothing that suggests it can pull off some great underlining story about the Federation based on what we've seen thusfar...