View Single Post
Old 2009-01-15, 10:17   Link #42
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

TAIGA FOR PRESIDENT! 'Nuff said.

Man, the episode breezed through 4 chapters of volume 6 like it was nothing. I haven't even finished reading the book.

Kitamura has been "Sunohara-fied", if there was ever such a word.

Though I would prefer that his blond hair stood up as seen in the novel illustration, rather than just simply dyed blonde. With his hair merely blonde, he's still the "normal" Kitamura to me, but with his hair standing up, he does give that rebellious delinquent feel that he's trying to give.

But yet most of the important bits were still there, but they seem shortened a lot. Like Ami trying to provoke a reaction from Sumire; Ryuji and Minori's exchange of feelings; Taiga various hilarious reaction when Kitamura is in the house.

At first I was aghast in horror when they took out that warm scene with Ryuji putting his scarf on Taiga, but was relieved and even impressed that they moved it to after discovering Kitamura was crying.

I can see where Taiga and Ryuji are going from by running for SC president. They're purposely trying to be the menacing "bad guys" so as to have Kitamura re-emerge as the saviour that will save the school from a disastrous Reign of Terror by the Palmtop Tiger. Reverse psychology, to put it simply.