Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 02:59   Link #974
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well I decided to watch this series finally today and caught up on all 6 episodes.

3 episodes in I was ready to proclaim the return of the BONES of old, but the next 3 episodes after that were really really poor.

I'm not sure why BONES thinks they need to mess with their setting and cast so much, a tried and true formula of success to make this series. Only kids can pilot these mechas, they should've said only underaged girls can pilot these mechas besides Ao, so subtle .

Elena is ranking right now for worst character of the season. Her only purpose seems to be to cite otaku references and be off kilter. Terribly uninteresting.

I don't know, besides Ao, Naru, and the gramps, and perhaps Gazelle, I'm totally not feeling this new cast whatsoever. Fleur is ok at best.

Not awful, but disappointing stuff episodes 4-6. I really hope this series shapes up but the developments of episode 6 were pretty bad. Team goldilocks should get off the screen too. They're an eye sore.
While all the young girls are eyeroll-inducing, I think it's been far less distasteful then it could be. Young girls are a thing in anime, so if Bones can deliver a good story, I can forgive them for having a bunch of those girls in the show. They could have easily increased the young girl effect a thousand-fold, so I consider ourselves lucky.

Episode seven finally got the ball rolling (a little), so I do think there's going to be more to this story than some boy-in-a-harem.

Edit: woops. It's late. It was actually episode six, so if you're still not thinking the story is going anywhere, oh well.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-05-18 at 03:14.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote