View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 07:45   Link #2081
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post

And lastly, I'd like to mention that I have both Endurance and Defense in the attributes. "Being able to take a hit" goes to endurance, which I didn't put that low. "Defending against a hit" goes to defense.
I see your rationale much better now. I interpreted "Endurance" as "Stamina", and "Defense" as magical defense/physical durability/blocking ability all rolled into one. In this vein, I took "Endurance" to mean how long the person can keep going (in battle, in flight, in energy discharge, etc...) before they just collapse from sheer exhaustion.

With Endurance meaning "physical durability" and Defense meaning "special/magical defensive shielding", I have far less of an issue with your stat schematics. My main problem with Fate's low "Defense" stat schematic is that it struck me as saying that Fate was as fragile/unable to take a hit as a RPG bard. As a Fate fan, I decidedly didn't like the idea, lol. But since it doesn't mean that, I'll let this debate go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'll grant that she has decent defense in her standard mode, but that goes out the window in Sonic Form, where she dumps everything into speed.
True.

Quote:
And yet what is being taught to Subaru and Teana? Subaru is taught to use shields and barriers appropriately to protect herself. Teana is being taught to be a human CIWS - note that when Teana dodged in that training episode, Nanoha was going, "No no no, you can't be dodging."
... Strange. Teana's ability to cast illusions of herself strikes me as an ideal ability for a dodger.

Subaru is a tank, though, so I can see Nanoha's point there.